Below are the current Covid-19 guidelines, set out by AFL Victoria, for all community clubs to adhere to and follow on game day. Please take the time to have a read of the guidelines.
Your Team Managers will be in touch with more information specific to your team, and we ask everyone to please follow our COVID Safe Protocols.
Scan in with QR Code
Come dressed ready for training
Sanitise hands going on and off the field
Only using the one exit and entry point to the field
No parent helpers (yet) on the field – just coaches and team officials
No sharing drink bottles
Maintain 1.5m social distancing (parents!! And kids when not training)
Parents to drop off and pick up only
Stick with your team group on the field
• U9’s and U10’s will not have water people allowed on the ground during play, all drinks will be consumed during quarter breaks.
• U11’s and up can have 2 x water persons on the ground. Individual water bottles will be provided by the club and labelled with each players jumper number. There is to be no sharing of drink bottles. All water bottles are to stay with each teams designated water person after the game and cleaned appropriately.
• No runners in U9 and U10’s as coaches are allowed on the ground.
• Coaches are allowed on the ground in between the 2 x 50m arch and centre square wing during the game for U9 and U10’s only.
• No parents / spectators in change rooms – coaching staff only.
• If you are wanting to distribute lollies and/or oranges, they must be individually packaged and handed out by the team manager only.
• Coaches Box – Team manager, Coach and Trainer only. No Assistant Coaches or Runners in the box – the Assistant Coach and Runner may stay in the inclusion zone, to the side of the Coaches Box. Officials must still maintain social distancing.
• Due to the strictness of COVID restrictions in enclosed areas, all team songs are to be sung on the playing field and not in the change rooms.
• Players must adhere to social distancing when seated on the bench. Where this is not possible, allocated extra space outside of the box for players to be seated during the match will be provided.
• Players are not to shake hands after the match.
• Spitting, hi-fives, hugs, bumping warm-ups, and communal towel and water bottle use are prohibited.
Be kind, be respectful